These are some questions that are frequently asked about LXD and related technologies.
- Can I use storage backend other then directory, that doesn't support some features?
- This could be circumvented by using a image file and formatting it with btrfs and using that as storage pool.
- I can see all 80 cores with lscpu, are they all available?
- No, unfortunately you can use only the number of cores that you have paid with your subscription.
- Is my container directly bound to specific CPU cores?
- No, we limit only the number of cores for the container, but don't specify which cores are bound to your container.
- Are the settings made through "lxc config edit" - boot persistent?
- Yes, they are.
- Is it possible to put multiple lines for example for lxc.raw config?
- Yes, it is possible:
raw.lxc: |- lxc.mount.entry = none dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,create=dir lxc.mount.entry = none tmp tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,create=dir