Latest Funtoo Software Releases
- luet 0.27.0 (2022-06-26)
- luet 0.26.0 (2022-06-24)
- fchroot 1.0.0 (2022-06-11)
- luet 0.25.0 (2022-05-30)
- metatools 1.0.5 (2022-05-28)
New Projects (View All / Create New Project)
- User Services/Mottainai
- Programming Languages
- Macaroni Linux
- User Services
- New Install Experience
- Evolved Bootstrap
Latest Wiki Updates
Welcome! Funtoo Linux (distrowatch) is a community-developed Linux meta-distribution and evolution of Gentoo Linux. Funtoo Linux is optimized for the best possible performance on the latest Intel and AMD hardware. Funtoo is led by Daniel Robbins, the creator of Gentoo Linux, and actively developed by the Funtoo community. Install / Download / FAQ
Funtoo is similar to Gentoo, but take heed -- it is also different! Our distinctives all stem from our different approach to community. If you are new to Funtoo, please familiarize yourself with Funtoo's Wolf Pack Philosophy. It will help you to understand what Funtoo is all about. And the second half of the page will explain some key technical differences in comparison to Gentoo.
You are welcome to contribute Funtoo Linux development via code.funtoo.org without going through any special procedure or complicated approval process. See Development Guide for more information on how to contribute to Funtoo. We also have YouTube video tutorials to help you get started. A key part of the Funtoo mission is supporting Funtoo users and assisting them in becoming productive and happy contributors to the project.
Latest Project Updates Feed
- 21 June 2022 Funtoo:Programming Languages
- Ruby update: The efforts to modernize the Ruby Programming Language in Funtoo next have began. Development is underway and we are close to bringing the latest Ruby versions from the 3.0 and 3.1 releases with some updated RubyGems to Funtoo next. Check out this preview of Ruby 3.1.2 running on Funtoo...
- 21 June 2022 Funtoo:Telemetry
- Long needed update to the Project Telemetry. There has been lots of activity in Phase 4 of this project recently which included deploying Phase 1 components onto internal Funtoo Infrastructure. This has progressed significantly and we now have Prometheus/Alertmanager/Grafana/Blackbox Exporter all de...
- 30 May 2022 Funtoo:Macaroni Linux
- Macaroni Phoenix release now begin to have the same automation available on Macaroni Systemd. This permits now to start the review of luet tool to reach a stable condition.
- 14 May 2022 Funtoo:Macaroni Linux
- Macaroni uses now static uids/gids for core groups/users and begin to have a more integration with tool "entities" (released with a new version 0.9.1) The following software was released: luet v0.24.0, luet-portage-converter v0.10.6, pkgs-checker v0.13.0
- 25 April 2022 Funtoo:User Services/Mottainai
- Mottainai Server now has a Community Mode to help on sharing results of the executed tasks for testing/QA. Mottainai Dashboard v0.2.4 has been released.