Chroot and Containers
Funtoo Linux offers a number of mechanisms for running a 32-bit or 64-bit environment within a chroot or a container. This page lists the various wiki pages and methods available to you.
- Instructions on how to set up LXD, a Funtoo-supported container technology, which allows you to run Gentoo, Funtoo, or other Linux distributions in a container within Funtoo Linux. GPU/Video acceleration inside the container is supported. Audio inside the container is supported (PulseAudio only.) If you want to use ALSA, see 32-bit Chroot. This method is not currently recommended for Steam.
- Docker is our official mechanism for supporting Steam under Funtoo Linux. See Steam for more information.
- Less targeted, but more technical instructions for using one of Funtoo's own 32-bit stage3 tarballs to set up a chroot environment. This is suitable for WINE or Steam.
- 32 bit chroot environment for Wine
- Instructions for how to set up a 32-bit chroot for running the WINE Microsoft Windows emulator, using a 32-bit Gentoo stage3 tarball as the source image.