Difference between revisions of "Funtoo:Telemetry/Activities/Phase2"
(adding Telemetry Project Phase 2 Activity)
(adding jira issue)
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Latest revision as of 05:21, March 18, 2022
Create new funtoo-metatools powered compile based auto-generated packages that build from upstream Prometheus related source code.
Here are the general objectives of Phase 2 of the Telemetry Project:
- Create traditional source compiled YAML Group autogens for all Official Prometheus/Grafana upstream software from Phase 1
- Leverage Funtoo Autogen technologies from the Metatools Project to auto-generate all these new packages so they automatically stay up to date with their upstream GitHub Releases
- Similar to Phase 1, create Pull Requests for all autogen contributions during Funtoo Community Live Streams on Discord
Here are current blockers for Phase 2 of the Telemetry Project:
- March 10, 2022:
- Related Bug: [FL-9300]
- Figure out how to run run npm install and build commands as part of a Golang ebuild
- Long story short Prometheus's latest ReactUI requires some ReactUI web assets that are statically linked within its Golang binary and need to be present before building the Prometheus Golang binary
- To build those web assets npm (part of Node.js) is required. [Reference npm commands that will run as part Prometheus's Makefile]