root # 歡迎使用Funtoo Linux!
Before we get started, please review the following important information:
- Current Release
- The current release of Funtoo Linux is
1.4, sometimes referred to as
1.4-release-std. 1.4 is not an LTS ("Long Term Stable") release but the upgrade to 2.x LTS should be quite seamless so this version is generally recommended over 1.3 for long-term production deployment.
- Development Model
- Funtoo Linux is a community-developed Linux meta-distribution. If you use Funtoo Linux, you are welcome to contribute to its development via code.funtoo.org without going through any special procedure or complicated approval process. See Development Guide for more information on how to contribute to Funtoo. We also have YouTube video tutorials to help you get started.
- Documentation Styles
- We now offer the ability to read and browse the Install Guide section-by-section. Online users may find this more convenient.
- Release Notes
- To familiarize yourself with the latest changes in Funtoo Linux, Release Notes for Funtoo Linux 1.4 are available.
- Upgrade Instructions
- If upgrading from Funtoo Linux 1.3 or earlier, please consult Funtoo Linux 1.4 Upgrade Instructions.
- AWS Images
- We now offer direct deployment of Funtoo Linux in Amazon Web Services. This is a useful option for those who wish to take advantage of AWS or deploy Funtoo Linux automatically. A tutorial-style guide on how to use AWS with Funtoo is available.
- Running Steam
- We have recently released official Steam Docker images that are supported by Funtoo and are the officially-supported way to run Steam on Funtoo.
- LXD container management as well as Docker is officially supported. Please see Chroot and Containers for an incomplete but growing list of container technologies available, along with links to further documentation.
- New Fchroot Tool
- Our new fchroot tool is now available to allow you to run ARM and RISCV environments on PC-compatible hardware. This is a very effective tool for accelerating building of large pieces of software on resource-constrained ARM systems. See the code.funtoo.org page, Frankenchroot and Frankenchroot/Live_NFS_Frankenchroot for set-up information.
Now that we've covered all that important information, it's time to get started installing Funtoo Linux!
- 下載 Stage 3安裝包
|Install Guide, Chapter 0 ||Next > |